Bureau of Fire Protection
To protect lives and properties through the prevention and suppression of destructive fires; investigation of their causes; and provision of emergency medical and rescue services with the active support of the public.
A modern, efficient and responsive national protection agency working towards a public safety conscious society.
· Fairness for all
· Service Vocation/Obligation/Duty/Honor
The Bureau of Fire Protection was created by virtue of RA 6975 primarily to perform the following functions:
- Be responsible for the prevention and suppression of all destructive fires on:
- Buildings, houses and other structures;
- Land Transportation vehicles and equipment;
- Ships or vessels docked at piers or wharves anchored in major sea ports;
- Petroleum industry installations;
- Plane crashes; and
- Other similar incidents
- Be responsible for the enforcement of the Fire Code of the Philippines (PD 1185) and other related laws;
- Shall have the power to investigate all causes of fires and if necessary, file the proper complaint with the city or provincial prosecutor who has jurisdiction over the case;
- In time of national emergency, all elements of the BFP shall upon direction of the President, assist the AFP in meeting the national emergency; and
- Shall establish at least one (1) fire station with adequate personnel, firefighting facilities and equipment in every province, city and municipality, subject to standard rules and regulations as may be promulgated by the DILG.